Finding zip password using Brute-Force Attack
Brute-force password search method tries all possible passwords, which are generate using a given set of characters.
Setting of the Brute-force options:
1. Click on the "Brute Force Mode" tab in main window of Zip Password Recovery Tool to activate the Brute-Force mode.
2. Define the set of characters (charset) by selecting necessary check boxes.
Or You can define your own charset - custom charset.
To do this click on the arrow button as You can see on the picture below.
Use "Convert to OEM encoding" option if your custom charset contains any non-english characters, and the archive has been created with DOS-based compression utility (i.e. PKZip for MS DOS etc).
3. The next step is the definition of the password length. Set the min and max password length.
Unregistered version has limited password range: passwords longer than 4 characters cannot be recovered.
4. Finally, You may enter the password from what You would like to start the recovery process or You can leave this filed blanked.
5. Start recovery process by clicking on "Start" button.